Wednesday 26 October 2011

My first experience giving a speech.

My first time experience, I’ll giving speech in front of the public when I was in secondary school. I as a prefect in my school and I have been asked to be MC every Sunday morning. Before that my teacher guards me to be a preparation such as how to overcome the nervousness or fear when we talking in front of many people are before. The first thing that we must do is try to be relaxed in the first step on the way to the stage. Calm as we can. Take a very deep breath and of course think what we are going to say. But wait. I remember that I had not mention yet about the preparation for the public speaking. Of course the preparations are the most prudent step for the public speaking. Now I will tell step by step that what the preparations are.   Step number one is rehearsing. What I mean here is practice first in front of a group of peoples. U can try it in front of yours friends too. Try to imaging your friends are the audience and talk. My advice is not to practice in front of a mirror because it is very distracting. Always remember this one thing ‘practice makes perfect’. The second step is using your body gesture well. U can connect your audience with the body gesture such as the way your hand winding. The third step is use eye contact. Eye contact does not mean to look in to the eye of every each audience but the way u move your eye. Try to see the audience’s forehead or try to see their shadow. That way you would not feel distracted. And the last step is to not seek for the good response from the audiences. Just because the audience did not knock or smile means the audiences are not listening to you. So it is matter of time when the speech is over.







No comments:

Post a Comment